Thursday 6 July 2017

Life on the (cheese) Farm!

Our lovely few days with Mike and Judy draw to an end today. We've had a marvellous time and got to participate in daily and special rituals and Ian was able to visit the New Forrest Reptile Centre.
As part of Hampshire Food Week, Lyburn Farm hold 'Farm Walks', although no walking was involved, all was viewed from atop a trailer pulled by a John Deere tractor. (is there any other)
A very special highlight for me was being able to join the cheese maker yesterday and actually assist in turning about 2500ltrs of milk into lovely rounds of cheese. Due to sanitary reasons there are no photos of this event as scrubbing my phone would have been unproductive. To actually feel and see the different stages of curd development was fantastic and I can't wait to put my new-found knowledge to use, when working with my little 5ltr tub 💜












No comments:

Post a Comment